APWA Members voted The Plug Hug “Best New Product Award 2015”
The Plug Hug was voted the “Best New Product Award 2015” by APWA Member attendees at the 2015 APWA Congress & Expo held in Phoenix AZ from Aug 30 – Sept 2.
The conference included the “New Product Showcase” for new products serving the Public Works community and The Plug Hug was one of several entries on display to over 5,000 APWA member attendees.
APWA National President Brian R Usher, PWLF (Center)
Plug Hug, LLC CEO/Inventor Terry Byrne (Right) and Chief Operations Officer Douglas Marshall (Left).
“I was very pleased with the performance of the Plug Hug in our fire hydrant maintenance program. The wear on the brushes in the Plug Hug itself was very minimal and my crew was very happy to not be using hand operated wire brushes to prepare the hydrants for painting.”
Supt. of Public Works
Village of Avon, N.Y.
“The Plug Hug is the only tool on the market that takes the undesirable chore of cleaning and prepping a hydrant for painting to a paint ready hydrant in 60 seconds with no clean up, which ultimately increases productivity and job satisfaction.”
Butler County Waterline Maintenance Manager
- John Barret – Superintendent of Public Works, Village of Avon, New York 585-226-2425
- Fred Woodruff – Water Distribution + Sewer Collection, Chillicothe, Ohio 740-774-1415
- Jeff Mock – Water Superintendent, Blue Springs, Missouri 816-228-0110
- Kevin Johnson – Water Department Superintendent, Rochester New York 585-303-2079
- Bill Bishop – Operations Manager Butler county Water and Sewer, Hamilton Ohio 513-887-3061
“We Make Cleaning Hydrants Cool!”