The Plug Hug Operation: Patented design brings simplicity to operations with a standard hex receiver for attachment to your hydraulic auger drive and the ability to work on any style of fire hydrant. The Plug Hug contains 6 steel descaling panels, with 10 steel cables each, to create approximately 10,000 needle endpoints to strip paint, rust and debris in 60 seconds without having to remove cap chains or Storz fittings.
For snow covered or plowed under hydrants change out the descaling panels with the snow removal panels (which are stubbed and do not touch the hydrant) to clear snow and ice from hydrants in 30 seconds and create a 4 ft. diameter access area for Firefighters and Public Works/Utility Crews.
The Plug Hug Maintenance: Patented design brings simplicity to maintenance with a removable lid and a clam shell design for the main housing that spreads open to provide easy access for servicing cable assemblies or to change out the descaling panels for the snow removal panels in just minutes!
MACHINE & HYDRAULIC DRIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Max PSI 3000
- Torque: 1,040 ft/lbs.
- Max Torque < 4000 ft/lbs.
- Speed & Flow: 38 RPM @ 8 GPM
- Drive shafts: 2” Hex or 2 9/16” Rnd.
- Min. 6500 GVWT for Skid Steer, Backhoe, Excavator, Mini Loader
- Hydraulic Motor Support Required (Bracket, Chain & Ratchet Binder)
- Tracked Machine Recommended
The Plug Hug Cleaning System Eliminates:
- Up to 60% of your project costs by greatly reducing labor, materials and clean-up
- Unsafe and cumbersome methods of cleaning and clearing fire hydrants
- Public safety risks associated with inaccessible fire hydrants in winter emergencies
- Residents, Firefighters or Public Works/Utility Crews shoveling out fire hydrants in winter
Cost Comparison Chart: Based on 1,000 fire hydrant project sample
- Fully-loaded labor rates and equipment costs based on industry averages
- Material usage calculations = costs divided by number of hydrants in project sample size
Skid Steer, Backhoe
1 Hydrant = 1 Hour
Grinders / Wire Whips
Manual Wire Brush
THE PLUG HUG
The Plug Hug Cleaning System was designed and engineered for use with the common skid steer, backhoe, mini loader or excavator as an attachment to a standard hydraulic auger drive motor.
The Plug Hug is easy to use and turns the difficult, time consuming and expensive job of preparing fire hydrants for painting, or clearing snow covered hydrants, into a cost effective and high production project while eliminating hand, eye and back injuries.
The main canister of The Plug Hug is a “clam shell” design that can be opened for servicing in 5 minutes. When opened, the patented design allows for maintenance on the 6 cable assembly plates. Each plate contains 10, 16 inch steel descaling cables that are flared at the end. These 60 steel cables descale paint, rust and debris making fire hydrants “Paint Ready” in 60 seconds.
The Snow Removal Kit includes 2 snow deflector paddles and 6 cable assembly plates. Each plate contains 10, 10 inch steel cables that are stubbed at the end to prevent contact with the fire hydrant. These 60 steel cables provide maximum effectiveness for clearing snow covered and plowed under fire hydrants in 60 seconds.